On a total area of 4,250 square meters, our high-quality strapping material has been produced in one of the most modern production facilities in Europe since 2008. Not only the entire facility, but also the specific extrusion lines are state of the art. Our production procedure runs fully automatically from the feeding of the processing machines with the raw material until the straps are palletized ready for dispatch. The raw material PP respectively PET is melted in an extrusion procedure and then pressed through a tool forming the primary shape. After water cooling in a quenching tank the melted mass is stretched, relaxed, cooled once again and finally spooled onto coils as finished strap. A transfer carriage picks-up the coil fully automatically at the winding station and passes it to the labelling station. The production data are printed on the front of the affixed label, which are additionally saved electronically on the chip. According to the production order, the coils are then stored in our warehouse or prepared for loading.
Following, we will explain in detail what stations your strap passes through until it is available as stable packaging material. PP and PET processes are analogous to 80%.
- The granules or the PET flakes are melted after internal processing in the extruder.
- The melted material is extruded through multiple channel dies. Then the melt is cooled down in a water bath until solidification.
- During the stretching process the heated strap is stretched up in a heating furnace to the desired technical properties such as tensile strength and stretching.
- The production process is controlled and monitored permanently by predefined parameters.
- The embossing process increases the stiffness of the strap.
- The reduced contact surface and the increased stiffness of the strap improve the strap feeding process at the strapping machines.
- The strap is heated in the fixing duct. Thus, internal tensions and forces are degraded, the strap is getting dimensionally stable. It becomes and remains straight.
- Cooling the strap down to room temperature additionally prevents a later shrinking.
- The PET straps are fully automatically winded, labelled, palletized and picked, according to the required length.
- A marking of every single coil allows the single coil to be tracked in detail.
- The incoming granulate and PET flakes are precisely inspected.
- Continuous processing tests guarantee a constant high production level.
- Different strap parameters are tested and documented regularly.
- Thanks to the unique identification with the label every single coil is precisely traceable up to the raw material.
Full automation in favor of quantity and quality
We have succeeded in increasing the quantity and quality of our products through complete automation. The production runs 7 days a week, all around the clock, except for a few closing times, allowing a significant raise of our production capacities to more than 10,000 tons of plastic strap per year - and further increases are still possible.
Besides this, we have extended our product range: now, we produce strap variations between 5 and 15.5 millimetres. Also a special colour can be delivered, if you prefer a different than our standard colour black for PP or green for PET. You'd like to have your company name on your strap? No problem for us. Our versatile product portfolio allows us to individually meet all customer requirements and offer you the right strapping solution for every application.
A code for every case
The introduction of the RFID identification allows better production control. Directly after the winding process, all coils receive a label with readable and electronically recorded data, a so-called RFID tag. Before the coils are brought into our warehouse or shipped directly to our customers, they are marked with a so-called RFID code. With this code, the origin of each coil is exactly traceable and any problems can be traced and solved immediately. This seamless control allows us to respond to any inconsistencies, to optimize our production processes and to guarantee a consistently high quality of our strapping material.
A lot of space - for large and small quantities
Already at the beginning of the planning of our new production site, we have placed high emphasis on a generous storage space. Thus we are able to produce higher lot sizes on stock. This will benefit our retail customers, who we can deliver low-priced, as well as our quantity buyers, whose larger items are also available at short notice. From a cardboard box to a full truck or container load: anything is possible after consultation. We are flexible with all of our various strap types - not only in terms of sales volumes.